A year in review – what changed on FPinfomart in 2009
Posted by Jennifer Stein on January 6, 2010
While we enjoy looking ahead at the start of a new year, it’s also a time for reflecting on the year just completed. We typically make changes to FPinfomart.ca in increments, but they certainly add up when you list an entire year’s worth of development in one place! Following is an overview of the changes, upgrades, and additions to FPinfomart.ca in 2009. I’ve added links which lead to more information on many of these items.
- TV transcripts & clips upgraded to 10 minutes - February 13, 2009
- Added Northumberland Today – February 24, 2009
- Started Twittering (@FPinfomart) – February 24, 2008
- Added Twitter feeds for monitoring (via Newstex) – March 2009
- Added 8 Fairway Brant Group Papers – May 2009 (Ancaster News, Cambridge Times, Dundas Star News, Guelph Tribune, Hamilton News Mountain Edition, New Hamburg Independent, Stoney Creek News, Waterloo Chronicle
- Launched FAST search engine (and resultant interface changes) – June 1, 2009
Our biggest launch of the year – and perhaps our biggest since we went from a Telnet product to the Web back 2001. I often referred to this project as “FPinfomart’s heart transplant.” A major investment in infrastructure and software replaced our aging systems and set the stage for product improvements for years to come.
- FP500 2009 – June 4, 2009
- Radio Monitoring Launched – July 3, 2009
- Added 4 more Alberta community papers – August 7, 2009 (Beaverlodge & District News, Crowsnest Pass Herald, Slave Lake Lakeside Leader, Vegreville Observer)
- Added Kelowna.com – August 7, 2009
- FP Corporate Connection released- August 28, 2009
- Newsletter Publisher launched – September 9, 2009
- Enhancements to Mergers & Acquisitions search – September 16, 2009
- Added BBC Monitoring – October 22, 2009
- Added Tweets from Canada’s Members of Parliament - October 23, 2009
- Added 6 additional Alberta weekly community papers – October 26, 2009
- Full page views (article placement) launched - October 27, 2009
- Intranet toolkit (including Newsletter Publisher) made available for our (transactional) Infomart Web customers – November 25, 2009
- Added Newstex video blogs – November 25, 2009
- Added 6 additional TV channels for monitoring (CBC Edmonton; RDI; RC Edmonton; RC Moncton; RC Vancouver; RC Winnipeg) - November 27, 2009
- Launched this blog! – December 8, 2009
- Released FP Markets 2010 – December 7, 2009
There are lots more exciting changes coming in 2010. A few are already scheduled for release this month. We’ve already launched our new integrated Video & Transcript view for TV monitoring, as part of our initiative to simplify navigation and pricing for Television monitoring. As well, the channel CPAC is now available in the TV module.
We’ll continue to use this blog as a platform to announce and describe changes, new content additions, and new features. We hope you’ll participate by commenting. We’ve always believed that the best product ideas come from you, the users. We hope you’ll use this forum as a chance to discuss FPinfomart with us, and with your fellow users!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.